Scientific research reveals there is a definite connection between the brain and body―when you visualize a task, it actually activates the same neural networks that physically performing it does. If you envision doing it enough times, your brain will literally rewire your neural circuitry to enable you to improve your physical performance. World-class athletes and musicians have been using this technique for years to perfect their skills.
You have the power to create the life you desire. Try these simple steps for visualizing your future:
- 1. Set aside two specific times each day for 5-10 minutes to visualize. Establishing a routine is half the battle.
- 2. Sit quietly in a place where you will not be disturbed for the moment and consciously slow your breathing.
- 3. Close your eyes and visualize in detail the exact outcome you want.
- 4. Mentally see yourself going through every movement in slow motion to sync your brain with your body.
- 5. Make it as realistic as possible with your five senses: feel the temperature, the breeze in your face, the ground touching your feet, the instrument in your hand, as you imagine every detail about the event.
- 6. The more you practice, the better the outcome will be.