Similar to everyone having their own definition of success, everyone has differing views about the meaning of living well. However, according to research, there are some common practices that enhance life quality for all people―creating greater states of health, happiness, resilience to stress, and an overall contentment with life.
Listed below are five actions you can to add to the quality of your life. The more you practice these, the greater your motivation will be to continue a path of health and well-being.
- 1. Connect with others – this will add meaning and joy to your life, which was never intended to be a solitary endeavor.
- 2. Get adequate sleep – when you do, your body will respond better to exercise and good dietary habits, as well as deal with stress, much more efficiently.
- 3. Eat a healthy diet – helps combat disease, boosts energy, improves your mood, helps manage weight, and increases longevity.
- 4. Exercise regularly – for all the reasons above, in addition to boosting your brain function and memory.
- 5. Practice mindfulness – take time each day to sit quietly and simply be still. Focus on a deep, slow breathing cadence to maintain a state of inner peace.