Does your work produce a sense of passion and purpose that causes you to look forward to life? Or are you caught up in the situation where you find yourself too often repeating, “TGIF!” on Fridays…or “It’s hump day!” on Wednesdays…or when Sunday evening rolls around you start dreading Monday morning because you dislike your job? Do any of the scenarios above describe your life? Sure, everyone has a bad day now and then. But if you find yourself having too many of those in a row, it’s time to do something about it. What will it take to change your situation and what are you willing to risk? Here are some steps you can take to follow your bliss:
- 1. Pay attention to what you have passion for and where your talents lie—where those two intersect will most likely be your optimal path.
- 2. Set a goal and begin taking steps to build momentum toward the direction you want to go.
- 3. Be willing to learn, stretch, and grow outside your comfort zone.
- 4. Engage the help of a friend or mentor to create accountability and help guide you along the way.
- 5. Never, never, never give up on pursuing a life of purpose.