Keep your word
By getting into the habit of practicing personal accountability, you will reap many rewards. Most importantly is will boost your self-esteem—which will heighten your performance. You will also enjoy more positive social interactions and trusting relationships with friends and business colleagues. Here are some tips for practicing accountability:
- 1. Have a clear understanding of what is expected of you.
- 2. Be consistent and follow through with what you say you’re going to do.
- 3. Listen for what others need.
- 4. Don’t make assumptions.
- 5. Develop a plan and adjust your course when necessary.
- 6. Be willing to admit your mistakes.
- 7. Ask for help when you need it.